Bacon Wrapped Scallops with Butter Sauce
Dear Mark at ChopSecrets.com:
You had me at “Bacon”…and sealed the deal with “Butter”. Love on a platter!
Recipe source: ChopSecrets.com
Servings: 2 if you feel like sharing the love…if not, I won’t tell. Lips = sealed.
Prep & Cook Time: 30 minutes or less…a little longer if you don’t have a cooked bacon stash. Every home should have a bacon stash. And a butter stash. If you don’t yet, get to gettin’!
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1 pound scallops
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Warm a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add bacon and cook about 6-8 minutes, or until brown and crispy. Drain excess fat (I don’t drain the fat…use that yumminess up! ~ Sam), but reserve 1 tablespoon in the skillet. Transfer the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Remove the small side muscle from the scallops, rinse with cold water and thoroughly pat dry. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Working in batches, add scallops to the skillet in a single layer and cook, flipping once, until golden brown and translucent in the center–about 5 minutes per side. Set aside and keep warm.
- Melt butter in the skillet. Add in garlic, oregano, basil and red pepper flakes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in bacon and scallops.
- Garnish with parsley, and serve immediately.
Here’s the original post from Chop Secrets …check out their video! I want to get a set up like this…soon it shall be.
Servings: 2 when sharing
One svg. = 1/2 lb. scallops (pre-cooked weight) = Calories: 442; Fat: 27g; Carbohydrates: 5.5g Net ; Protein: 48g
*Values estimated from online calculators.
Receive a weekly email with the highlights...
I post prolifically on a variety of topics we midlife women need to talk about.
No need to hunt around for the latest blog post or podcast episode...let my team do that for you!
Tell us where to send the weekly highlights, links and prose to ponder, and we'll fire them off to you every Saturday morning so you can enjoy your morning beverage with a hearty helping of Dr. Sam to kick off the weekend.
I treat your email address as my own. I will never SPAM you, nor sell your info. That is so uncool! FYI, you should receive a short welcome note from me. Since we're newly acquainted, please check your "Junk" or "SPAM" folders if you don't see it within a minute or two!